The McBrides

The McBrides

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Baby


 Miriam was a generally fussy and high maintenance baby.  Eliza, on the other hand, has been such an easy baby.  

Until recently.

A month or so ago she began to be much more fussy and gassy.  The debate is still up in the air, but it appears that she has a dairy intolerance (not unusual in babies).  Which means mom needs to lay off the cheese and ice cream and have almond milk with her cereal for awhile.
She also has adapted a strange fear of my neighbors down the street, who have been watching her and Miriam while I teach piano lessons.
Last week Leanna had to bring Eliza back in the middle of my lessons because Eliza was inconsolable.  Eliza stopped as soon as I held her. 
This week she did better, as long as Leanna didn't look at her or talk to her. 
It completely baffles me since Leanna is an experienced mother of 5 and Eliza is a generally happy baby.
We're taking it one week at a time, hoping it's just a "phase" she's going through.  Because although I am excited that Eliza might be a Momma's girl (since Miriam is so attached to Daddy), I do not look forward to being unable to leave my daughter with someone else without tears and meltdowns.

As I learned with Miriam, just when you think you have things figured out with a child, they change and do things differently.
I wonder what phase she'll decide to go through next.

I just can't help but love this adorable girl.  She really is so happy, smiling whenever you look at her.
See for yourself:

















One of her latest feats, at 3 1/2 months: rolling over from front to back.



She is also a drooling machine right now.  Reminds me of a dog :-)








Despite the difficult phases, I am so grateful for and in love with this happy girl and her sweet smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment