The McBrides

The McBrides

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Starting Kindergarten

Is this really happening??? I'm so excited for her and she is so ready to go, but I can't help the mixed emotions as we all venture into this new phase of our lives of full-time school.

We made it a family affair for open house night before school started.

Miriam got to meet her teacher, Mrs. Crow.

She ran into her best friend, Anna.  They aren't in the same class, which is probably best for their teacher's sake. 

Eliza loved the book corner.

First day of school.

All loaded up and ready to go!


Eliza enjoyed being queen of the castle while Miriam was away.

Miriam LOVED riding the bus.  

And thus it begins.  For at least the next 18 years we will have at least one kid in school.  It's a little quieter around the house without Miriam home all day.  We miss seeing her more, but I know she is loving school (and would love to go every day if they offered it).  She is growing up!  It feels like a turning point in her independence and becoming her own person.  I'm so glad she is soaking it all in!




No comments:

Post a Comment