Finally!
No snow storm threatened our desire to have a Christmas morning at our own home this year (and Stan's desire to sleep in his own bed Christmas Eve).
For the first time, probably since I lived at home with my parents, I didn't go to anywhere else for gift opening.
We didn't load up the car with all of our gifts.
We didn't pack our overnight bags.
We created our own McBride tradition.
We stayed home Christmas morning.

I was also excited to see Miriam open gifts this year. I figured she had to be more into it than she was last year (she slept all through the gift opening last Christmas!)
Here she's perusing her stocking stuffers.

And although she was definitely excited once the gifts were visible, she wasn't too interested in actually opening them. Everyone tells me I should enjoy it because once they realize what's going on, they start getting greedy.
So I did.
I enjoyed watching her get excited over a piece of ribbon with velcro that held her new towel together. She wore it around her neck most of the morning.
I enjoyed watching her squeal for Stan to get her new toy out of the box because she wanted to play with it now!



Miriam loving her pillow pet from Papa & Nana.
I enjoyed watching Stan open all of his gifts that I had attempted to thoughtfully pick out for him.
Stan with his new razor, and Miriam trying to get that darn ribbon apart so she can put it back around her neck!
I enjoyed opening my own gifts, especially my sewing machine.

Stan was especially pleased with himself that he managed to find something cool for me, that I hadn't asked for (or expected) and that I really liked. Apparently I'm difficult to shop for (he can explain why). He found me a sewing calendar, with simple sewing projects on each day. Good job Stan!

It was a wonderful morning.
Then we quickly packed up for the rest of the day and headed to my Dad's house to see some of my family before they left to see their in-laws.
The cousins had a gift exchange, and Miriam's cousin Braden got her a baby doll and stroller, which she loves!

It was a wonderful day playing games and eating way too much good food and good treats. I look forward to spending next week with Stan's family doing it all over again. It truly is the most wonderful (and fattening) time of year.
Hope your day was Merry & Bright too!
Miriam all decked out in her Christmas dress for church this morning.
For the first time, probably since I lived at home with my parents, I didn't go to anywhere else for gift opening.
We didn't load up the car with all of our gifts.
We didn't pack our overnight bags.
We created our own McBride tradition.
We stayed home Christmas morning.
I was also excited to see Miriam open gifts this year. I figured she had to be more into it than she was last year (she slept all through the gift opening last Christmas!)
And although she was definitely excited once the gifts were visible, she wasn't too interested in actually opening them. Everyone tells me I should enjoy it because once they realize what's going on, they start getting greedy.
So I did.
I enjoyed watching her get excited over a piece of ribbon with velcro that held her new towel together. She wore it around her neck most of the morning.
I enjoyed watching her squeal for Stan to get her new toy out of the box because she wanted to play with it now!
I enjoyed watching Stan open all of his gifts that I had attempted to thoughtfully pick out for him.
I enjoyed opening my own gifts, especially my sewing machine.
Stan was especially pleased with himself that he managed to find something cool for me, that I hadn't asked for (or expected) and that I really liked. Apparently I'm difficult to shop for (he can explain why). He found me a sewing calendar, with simple sewing projects on each day. Good job Stan!
It was a wonderful morning.
Then we quickly packed up for the rest of the day and headed to my Dad's house to see some of my family before they left to see their in-laws.
The cousins had a gift exchange, and Miriam's cousin Braden got her a baby doll and stroller, which she loves!
It was a wonderful day playing games and eating way too much good food and good treats. I look forward to spending next week with Stan's family doing it all over again. It truly is the most wonderful (and fattening) time of year.
Hope your day was Merry & Bright too!
Sounds like a very nice Christmas for you guys. I've always been drawn to those calendars. Let me know what you think of the collection of projects they have? Merry Christmas
ReplyDelete