The McBrides

The McBrides

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve

This past November our city opened a new Skate & Spray park. Ice skating in the winter and Splash park in the summer.
We decided to go check it out Christmas Eve.
Miriam got all bundled up for the occasion.
It's a pretty small rink, but I like that it's local and outdoor.
They didn't have skates small enough for Miriam, so Stan had to carry her, but I don't think she minded.


I was pretty impressed that Stan kept his balance so well while skating with her. I tried it for a lap and felt very unsteady.


The only thing that would have made it more perfect would have been if it was snowing, it certainly was cold enough!
We spent the evening at my dad's house with a few of my siblings and their families as well as all of my step-siblings. Stan and I opened one of our "family" gifts early so we could all enjoy it.
"Band Hero" for the Wii.

We also enjoyed a lovely (and entertaining) reenactment of the Christmas Story by the children (and a few adults).

I'm so grateful for Holidays that gives us another excuse to gather with family and spend more time together.

I'm also so grateful for the birth of our Savior, and His gift of life and Atonement to the world.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment