Jody and I are next to each other in age and have always been best friends since we were kids. She and I played Barbies together, dated boys together and even enjoyed a few years at college together. Although as a child it was my dream that we'd go through college together and always be around each other, life had different plans for us when I left BYU to return home and finish school at the U of A. Thankfully a few years later, the Lord brought Jody back home to be with her mother and ultimately meet her husband. I've enjoyed so much the last 8 years that she has lived close and we have been able to get together often and have our husbands become friends as well.
What will I miss the most about them living so close?
Monthly game nights, the competition has always been fun but fierce.
Camp outs at Devil's Den.
The bi-Annual Hornberger Runs.
The occasional girl's nights with chick-flicks and Dance Dance Revolution.
Going jogging together and Jody pushing Miriam up the hills.
Holidays together.
Double Date nights.
Watching them love on Miriam and her love them back.
Sunday dinners with their company and the nieces and nephews loving on them both.
Cace was on a school trip to Korea this past week. The movers came and got all their stuff, so Friday Jody came and stayed the weekend with us, along with their cat and dog. Miriam loves animals, especially cats. She "meowed" all weekend long as she chased poor Chloe around the house.
Miriam also learned to share as Chloe's favorite spot in the house was the changing table.

It was fun to have Jody around this weekend, but Sunday she had to pick up Cace at the airport and they had to leave right away to begin their long drive to New Jersey. Originally they were going to fly, but it was going to be too expensive to take the pets, so they decided to drive. We were anticipating spending one last Sunday dinner together, but because of the change in plans, none of us were going to be able to say goodbye to Cace. So those that could drove down to the airport Sunday to (surprise) say our goodbyes.


Our niece, baby Brooke, will change the most this year while they are gone.



It was nice to be able to have an official going away for them both, even if it was at the airport. Janet made them a quilt and had us all sign it, as well as brought Birthday brownies for Cace for them to enjoy on their drive.
So another phase of life of me living far away from Jody begins. Hopefully we'll have another opportunity some day down the road to be close again. Thankfully we don't have any problem talking on the phone, and have already discussed some possible visits in the future. I am glad that at least they're moving to the East Coast, so that when we go to visit them, we can also visit other cool places that I've never been, like New York City.
It is so nice to live near family, and I think so often we take that for granted. My oldest sister Melissa has lived far away for a long time now, and I really miss that we don't get many opportunities to see her. My youngest two sisters also moved away this past year, creating another void in the family gatherings. I am grateful to be close to the family that is still here, and will enjoy their company while I can. And although many of my family is far away, I am grateful for technology that allows us to still communicate and "keep in touch."
But most of all, I am so thankful for a wonderful family. I am so blessed.
(By the way Jody, I cried through writing most of this!)
It was fun to have Jody around this weekend, but Sunday she had to pick up Cace at the airport and they had to leave right away to begin their long drive to New Jersey. Originally they were going to fly, but it was going to be too expensive to take the pets, so they decided to drive. We were anticipating spending one last Sunday dinner together, but because of the change in plans, none of us were going to be able to say goodbye to Cace. So those that could drove down to the airport Sunday to (surprise) say our goodbyes.
It was nice to be able to have an official going away for them both, even if it was at the airport. Janet made them a quilt and had us all sign it, as well as brought Birthday brownies for Cace for them to enjoy on their drive.
So another phase of life of me living far away from Jody begins. Hopefully we'll have another opportunity some day down the road to be close again. Thankfully we don't have any problem talking on the phone, and have already discussed some possible visits in the future. I am glad that at least they're moving to the East Coast, so that when we go to visit them, we can also visit other cool places that I've never been, like New York City.
It is so nice to live near family, and I think so often we take that for granted. My oldest sister Melissa has lived far away for a long time now, and I really miss that we don't get many opportunities to see her. My youngest two sisters also moved away this past year, creating another void in the family gatherings. I am grateful to be close to the family that is still here, and will enjoy their company while I can. And although many of my family is far away, I am grateful for technology that allows us to still communicate and "keep in touch."
But most of all, I am so thankful for a wonderful family. I am so blessed.
(By the way Jody, I cried through writing most of this!)
awwwwwwwww! :( i'm so sorry! it's never easy saying goodbye. i hope you guys are able to see each other soon!
ReplyDelete