The McBrides

The McBrides

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Fever

It's amazing how much more I care about the weather, now that I'm not cooped up working inside a building all day and I have a child old enough to play outside.

Saturday was a gorgeous day, around 65 degrees and partly cloudy with a light breeze. I took Miriam outside in the morning, and for an hour she played and played and played. Stan took her out later in the day for another hour and she did the same.

Had we been inside like we normally are, she would have played for a few minutes, come to me and whined about something, and then maybe gone off and played for a few more minutes.

An hour of straight play time was glorious. I brought something with me to read, but it was so much fun just to watch her explore the outside world. It's fun to see what seems ordinary to us be fascinating to a 1-year old.

Here is some of what I got to enjoy:
Filling the "gas tank" with rocks. She had a lot of fun with rocks that day.









Spring isn't quite here yet since we've got cooler weather headed our way, though I'm thankful for the little preview.

I can tell Miriam and I will be spending a lot more time outside this year.

2 comments:

  1. wow, all that snow melted fast! I can't believe how old Miriam is! Playing all by herself! It was so nice to see a McBride update!

    ReplyDelete