The McBrides

The McBrides

Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

 If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  For the past 5 years we have attended my family's ward 4th of July party.  There are other options of things to do, but this party has always been fun, not to mention you get a great view of fireworks and get to spend time with family.

One of the members lives on a hill above the lake and has an airstrip for his little plane.  The ward has hosted their potluck/party there for many years.  I thought it would be more fun this year, now that Miriam is a little older and can walk--let me correct that--run around.  
It was more fun, but also more exhausting.  Miriam runs everywhere and is hard to keep up with.  Thankfully Stan has much more energy that I do right now, and did most of the chasing that night.

I love this shot, both of them standing with the exact same pose.

The favorite activity for the kids is when the plane flies above the airstrip and drops candy.

Miriam and Stan went chasing the candy this year.

Despite the quickness of the big kids, it looks like Miriam actually got one.


She must be used to the flash because she thinks "smile" means "close your eyes!"

Smarties in the water cup, yum!

Thankfully Grandma shared her cookie and drink with Miriam so we could stop chasing her for a brief moment.

We also enjoyed some live music, check out Miriam's dancing.

Watching fireworks with Grandpa.  She was a little frightened at first, but seemed to enjoy it after a few minutes.

Another great year in a great country!

2 comments:

  1. Cute post. I LOVE Miriam's dance. She's got serious moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam is so cute! I love the blonde hair. Sounds like that ward party is the thing to do every year.

    ReplyDelete