I am 36 Weeks and 3 Days pregnant, less than 4 weeks to go.
"Nesting" is the instinct many pregnant women have to clean, tidy and organize their lives before the baby arrives, like a mama bird preparing her nest.
Last week I did some "crafty" nesting. I found several projects to do in preparation for the new baby, and had to get them all done at once!
First, I made a bow holder:
It's already full.
Then I made a slipcover for the Boppy (a nursing pillow).
I made an art hanger (this one was actually in preparation for a craft night we're doing for Relief Society).
I made a nursing cover.
And I made burp cloths. These I hope to continue to make and give away as baby gifts, because I LOVED the ones that my friend Jennie Hubbard made for Miriam.
They say that nesting can often be a sign that labor and delivery are near. Oh how I hope that is my case.
Saturday I washed 6 loads of laundry, including all the baby clothes, blankets, carseat and bouncer covers and who knows what else. I also packed our hospital bags and registered us at the hospital.
I'm ready.
Ready to be done with constant heartburn, uncomfortable sleep, the constant need to visit the bathroom and swollen feet. The only thing that fits my feet are loose flip flops. I've been told if you only looked at my feet and ankles (cankles as Stan calls them), you'd think I was a 300+ pound woman.
I'm also ready to meet this sweet baby girl and welcome her into our family. I look forward to learning about her personality and loving her as much as I love Miriam.
Miriam was born when I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. That's a week away for this pregnancy. I am hoping the same might hold true with this baby.
We will see...
No comments:
Post a Comment