The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, November 18, 2011

Road Trip

Every year since Stan and I have been married we have taken a trip out to Utah at some point during the Holidays to visit the McBride side of the family.  We have always traveled by airplane in the past.
BUT,
 we bought a minivan this past year,
and had a horrible experience the last time we flew,
and had a child turn 2 which equals paying for another plane ticket,
and had a second child which equals MORE baby stuff to tote through the airport.

Thus, we thought it was time to try driving to Utah.



I voted that we visit the family for Thanksgiving this year.  There should be less of a chance of snow then, right?  
Maybe in Arkansas.

Kansas was boring, but I managed to catch a beautiful shot of the sky and the huge windmills.

However, in order to dodge a snowstorm heading through Western Colorado, we headed North through Wyoming. It didn't snow, much.  
But it had snowed a lot the day before.

For 6 hours we drove in and out of snowy roads on I-80.  Stan drove the whole way and I closed my eyes and said my prayers.



And a video of the insane drive.


 Luckily we didn't encounter any trouble or accidents (except that the windshield wiper fluid wouldn't work in the freezing Wyoming temperatures which made visibility difficult).  However I can't say the same for the semi trucks.  We saw at least 6 diesels off the side of the road, some flipped over, some broken in half.  I definitely breathed a sigh of relief and said a prayer of gratitude when we got out of Wyoming.

On a different note, we had a mostly wonderful experience with Miriam and Eliza.  They really did SO well. We made very good time and didn't have to stop that often.  Here are a few fun shots of the girls:







Thank goodness for the DVD player which kept Miriam very well entertained.  This picture cracks me up.  The sun was shining in her eyes so she had her sunglasses on.  She gets so entranced in the video, she doesn't realize her fingers are in her mouth and up her nose!


Singing songs with Miriam:


So...will we road trip again?
YES (but NOT in the Winter!)




















No comments:

Post a Comment