Things are surely different the second time around.
With the needs of two instead of one, life is definitely more busy.
But also, life is different for the second child than the first because of their older sibling.
You could probably say Miriam had a pretty dull life as a baby, with only two adults and some toys to entertain her.
Eliza, however, IS the toy!
Miriam loves to be in Eliza's business. She likes to play with her like she's one of her toys. Sometimes her play isn't very gentle so I feel like I am constantly watching out for Eliza's life. But babies are very resilient, even from a hyper-active older sister like Miriam.
And as protective as I try to be, Eliza seems to enjoy Miriam's antics, even if she is kind of rough.
Of course I don't have pictures or video of the rough housing because I was trying to intervene.
But here's some footage of their more mild times together.
I was taking a picture of Eliza with a hat and of course Miriam wanted to wear a hat as well. Isn't her outfit smashing? (P.J.s & a swim hat)
Eliza's friend Brooklyn (a month older) came to play and of course Miriam couldn't be left out!
Watch this video all the way for some commentary by Miriam.
Eliza was laying on the floor playing with toys, and as usual, Miriam wanted to join in. She was even kind enough to put Eliza's blanket on her.
Eliza loves the doorway jumper. She is bouncing around in it quite a bit.
Miriam loves to put her friends in it when Eliza isn't taking a turn. But sometimes she can't wait for Eliza to get out. Like this time when Mickey and Minnie had to ride behind Eliza.
Oh my sweet girls, I hope they become best friends!
Your girls are so cute! Glad to see the Mariam is enjoying being the older sister.
ReplyDelete