The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Picking Blueberries

Miriam is an early-riser.  6 a.m., on the dot.  There is nothing (that I know of) to do about it.  We have tried putting her to bed later.  Up at 6:00.  No nap, still up at 6:00.  Nap and regular bedtime, still up at 6:00.

I am trying to come to terms with this routine.  Meanwhile, Stan is my saving grace and almost always gets up with our early bird.

So on Saturday morning when she had the whole house awake at 6:00, we decided this would be a good time to beat the heat and head out to the local blueberry farm.

Miriam helped, for a little while.  Then she found another little boy to run up and down the aisles with.
Eliza slept for a little while, and then woke and munched on her puffs in the stroller.

 



I must say, although blueberries are tiny and take awhile to fill the whole bucket, I much prefer picking them to strawberries, raspberries or blackberries.  They are on a tall bush (so you don't have to bend over the whole time like strawberries) and have no thorns.  I'm a fan.

The farm was about 30 minutes from home, so we did some other errands while we were out and had lunch at Red Robin.


It was fun to spend the Saturday morning doing things together as a family.  Although taking all of us out to go somewhere is a lot of work, it makes the best memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment