The McBrides

The McBrides

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Not wanting to risk driving in the snow again this year, we decided to stay in Arkansas for Thanksgiving.

We went to my Dad's house and joined together for a yummy meal with Dad, Janet and my brother Jeremy and his family.  

After lunch my step brother and sister, Cody & Jenny, came and joined us for making gingerbread houses.
It's a fun tradition started by my mother when I was a kid and I have always loved it.
Well, except for the part when the houses fall apart.  
Maybe I need a new frosting recipe, but it seems like the last few years we've had trouble with home construction.

After several tries and even a new batch of frosting, I was the last to get my house to stand.




  

Once my frosting set, I was off! 

Even Miriam got to build herself a small house out of graham crackers, once we got her to stop eating all the candy.

 The finished products...I think they turned out pretty nice.
I am so thankful for family and for fun traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment