We've always put up Christmas lights in years past (well, Stan has put them up).
Miriam enjoyed helping (i.e. watching and talking Dad's ear off).
This year was a new experience with the new house.
See that very tall peak and our ladder? Yeah, not tall enough. The ladder could reach everything else but the very top.
I looked into how much a taller ladder would cost.
Too much money.
So I sent a message out to friends in the ward asking if anyone had a tall ladder we could borrow.
Meanwhile, I saw that a neighbor down the street was putting up his lights and had a very tall ladder.
Since Stan is so outgoing and friendly, I figured he'd have no problem asking the neighbor if we could borrow his ladder.
Stan was not excited about the idea.
But I was not willing to compromise and not finish the peak.
So Stan, being the wonderful person that he is, went and asked.
The neighbor happily agreed and even helped carry his ladder to our house and put the lights on the peak himself.
What a nice guy.
'Tis the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment