The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, March 15, 2013

Cousins' Weekend

One of the things I love about living close to some of my family is Miriam getting to know some of her cousins. 
Not to mention it's nice to be able to have family babysitters nearby. 

This time it was our turn to babysit some cousins, Menley (8) and Savannah (6), while mom and dad went out of town for the weekend.

Miriam had a ball with them. 
Friday night we also had Miriam's friends Anna and Van over while their mom and dad went out on a date.  It was a kid-filled evening of fun.
After some pizza, they played outside.

It was nice to have the older kids here.  Finally Stan and I weren't the only ones big enough to pull kids in the wagon!







 After jammies were on, it was movie time.  The kids want to pull out the bean bags and I told them only if they shared and didn't fight over them. 

This is how they figured out how to make it work:
 

Saturday we played around the house and at the park while Stan slaved away putting dirt in his new garden beds. (Of course somehow I always forget to take pictures of him working on it!)


It was fun to watch Savannah read books to Miriam.  She's only 6, but can read pretty well for her age.

Sunday was St. Patrick's Day, so we had some green biscuits and gravy.

  I don't think Menley was too thrilled.

It was a fun weekend and I'm glad the cousins got to come and play!









No comments:

Post a Comment