I love Holidays.
I love to make them special for my children. I thank my mother for that.
Saturday morning we had some egg-shaped muffins.
We dyed Easter eggs.
Eliza was a little TOO excited. She screamed for another egg as soon as she dropped the egg in the dye.
So we finally gave her some plastic eggs to play with.
The egg hunt. I was impressed. Eliza only cracked 4 of the 19 eggs.
(Note Stan's beautiful new garden beds--since I keep forgetting to take pictures of him working on them)
The spoils.
Oh Eliza, your mischievous face make me laugh. A nervous laugh.
Sunday morning Miriam and I woke to Eliza throwing a tantrum that Daddy wouldn't let her eat ALL of her Easter candy. It's no surprise that a few minutes later Stan was muttering how sometimes he wishes we were of the faith that didn't celebrate holidays. This might have also been soon after Miriam consumed some of her candy and began the sugar rush. Sugar affects kids. Period.
My attempts to get picture with the girls in their dresses, BOTH looking at the camera.
Almost.
That evening we went to my brother's house for family dinner and two of the Aunts put on an Easter egg hunt for all the cousins.
Cousin Gemma was too cute with her bunny ears.
I would be remiss if I didn't express my gratitude for the real reason for the holiday, our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his Atonement and Resurrection. Because of Him, I know that we can live again, in perfected bodies (which I look forward to). Because of Him, I know that I can see my mother again someday. I look forward to that reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment