The McBrides

The McBrides

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Trip to Utah - Nana & Papa's house

We made our annual trek to Utah to see the McBride side of the family.  Well, it feels like a trek with three little kids.  They all really did pretty good, but everyone had their moments.
Like when Eliza threw up after we'd only been on the road 15 minutes.  

But, overall, I can't complain.  We made it safe and (mostly) sound.

One thing I love about Utah (besides the obvious of seeing family) is how many temples are so close!  Stan and I were able to go do a session at the Provo temple and only be gone a few hours (as opposed to an entire day).
We also were able to take the girls to the Mt. Timpanogos temple where we were married.   I asked Miriam if she wanted to get married in the temple some day.  Her response, "I'm not getting married Mom.  I don't like boys."  

A good stance for a five-year-old.



We spent a few days at Nana and Papa's house, enjoying time with many of the family.  On Labor day we took the kids to the park.  Miriam and Eliza had a lot of fun playing with cousin Ainsleigh.  


One day, Nana took them to Build-a-Bear to get the girls birthday presents.  Eliza got her first bear and Miriam got some more clothes for Builda. 

Miriam was very excited to show Eliza how to bathe the bear.

  

We also stopped at the PretendWear booth and checked out the the clothes.  Paint them and then wash them and do it all over again.


I think Miriam was more excited about Eliza's new bear than Eliza was.  Miriam is a little obsessed.

It was great to spend time with Nana and Papa and all the troops at their place!

No comments:

Post a Comment