The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hornberger Runs

Now that Jody and Cace moved back to Arkansas (again), it was time to resurrect the Hornberger Runs.
The McBrides were a little (or maybe a lot) early, so the kids had plenty of time to play before the race started.


The runners (minus baby Mason).

 Stan decided to run, even though he hadn't been training (sorry Stan, running one time previous to the race does not constitute training).  I, on the other hand, had been running for the previous month to make sure my leg would be up to it.  I knew that Stan could beat me, even without training, so I was determined not to let him win.  That determination paid off, I came in first with a time of 29:52 (3.05 miles)!  Look what a little friendly spousal competition will do for you!

 But Stan was only a minute behind me in second place.





Then the bikers lined up to go. 
 The olders, 
 and the youngers.


Brooke and Philip waiting for the bikers to finish. 

Meredith came in first for the olders' bike race.
  
 I didn't get a picture of all the bikers coming in, but they all finished!


 This is the second race in a row, that Meredith and I have taken these trophies home.  We'll see if we can do it again next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment