This past weekend we had lots of fun.
Saturday evening we went to my Dad's ward 4th of July party. This is also the same ward my sister, Rebecca, and brother, Jared, attend, so most of our nieces and nephew were there.
Every year the Springdale ward hosts a potluck barbecue at one of the member's houses. This member has a house out by the lake, with a long stretch of grass he has mowed into a runway for his little plane. We've gone to this party the past few years and it always is lots of fun.
Every year the Springdale ward hosts a potluck barbecue at one of the member's houses. This member has a house out by the lake, with a long stretch of grass he has mowed into a runway for his little plane. We've gone to this party the past few years and it always is lots of fun.
We eat good food.
We have a water balloon toss/fight.
(Sorry, no pictures, since Stan and I participated and almost WON!)
We sing some patriotic songs.
And we watch a great fireworks show.
Here are some more shots from the evening.
Miriam loved playing with the spoon.
Here's Lydia, awake and full of spunk.
Miriam getting some lovin' from her cousin, Savannah.
Thanks for letting us crash your party!
Sunday, we had another nice barbecue at my brother's house.
I got into the Patriotic spirit with my food.
I got into the Patriotic spirit with my food.
Monday we went to my dad's house and had a blast with the slip 'n slide. I think the pictures and video can tell the story best.
I'm so thankful we live in a country where we are free to worship, free to gather with family and friends, and free to have lots of fun!
Hope your weekend was fun too!
Happy 4th. Looks like a fun way to spend the weekend.
ReplyDelete