Being a mom includes the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Some times I just want to pull my hair out and go hibernate for a few months.
Other times I experience pure joy through the life of my daughters. Life for them is much more simple. I think I could stand to learn a few lessons from them.
For example,
I never noticed that our toilet paper (I've been using the same kind for 5+ years), had little hearts imprinted all over it. That is, until my 2 year old pointed it out to me while pottying one day.
I don't realize how important a smile is until my 4 month old smiles happily, every time I look at her.
The language development of my 2 year old:
-"I want to play with my fetos" (Mr. Potato Head)
-Referring to herself in 3rd person. "It's Meyum's fwanket" (It's Miriam's blanket).
and my favorite,
-"I need my Mommy!"
I love how excited my girls get over the smallest things.
Is it any wonder that we are asked to "become as a little child." Not to be childish, but to simplify and find joy.
Here's a little of what brings me joy:
Not the flash again!
Waking up from a very rough nap :)
Life is fun, life is good.
Especially when you are blessed with children.
No comments:
Post a Comment