The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, April 27, 2012

Kansas City Temple

The Kansas City Temple Open House was this past month.  We decided it would be nice to go and see the temple, as well as give Miriam a chance to see the inside of a temple (she calls anything with a spire a temple, even the Disney Princess castle at the beginning of Disney movies).

So we caravaned with our friends the MacCabes.  
Since it's almost a 4 hour drive, we stopped at the local park before to get some wiggles out.

I love how Stan doesn't discriminate against age at a park.  He usually has just as much fun on the equipment as Miriam does.



I only wish our plan had worked and we had gotten ALL the wiggles out.
Unfortunately, between Anna & Miriam, I think all the adults were more worried about keeping the girls reverent than actually enjoying the tour.  
But it was nice to go anyway and even with rowdy toddlers, I still felt the wonderful spirit that accompanies the temple.




Eliza and Van.  Van is 3 months younger than Eliza, but has WAY more hair!

We were so tired after all that, we caught a quick dinner and headed home.  It was a good day and I am thankful for another temple close by.


No comments:

Post a Comment