Every year for our anniversary, Stan and I get away for one or two nights to celebrate, just the two of us.
The first two years, it was easy to do.
Year 1- Branson, Missouri.
Year 2-Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Year 3-Kansas City, Missouri.
At this point we became very grateful for my sister living close by and being willing to watch our children so we could get away. Also, at this point, getting away was much more special.
Year 4-Tampa, Florida (in combination with picking up the van we purchased).
Year 5-back to Kansas City, Missouri.
We stayed at the Westin and had some fancy food. This is a Cobb Salad by the way.
We went to the Hallmark Crown Center and visited a few shopping malls. We just enjoyed spending time alone together.
And the highlight, attending the Kansas City Temple.
5 Years ago, Stan and I were married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple for time and all eternity. What better way to celebrate that marriage than being in the temple?
5 years have gone by fast. But in many ways, I feel like I've known Stan all my life.
I feel so fortunate to be married to such a wonderful man. The Lord has truly blessed me beyond what I ever thought would be.
The last 5 years have been great. That doesn't mean there haven't been hard or down times. But looking back, I can hardly remember those.
Here are the biggest two highlights of the last five years:
The birth of Miriam,
and the birth of Eliza.
And a few others,
Buying our first home.
Taking yearly vacations as a family:
Cruise in 2008
San Diego in 2009.
Canada in 2010.
New Jersey & New York in 2011.
And coming up next month, Florida in 2012!
We love taking trips together as a family. It was one of our financial goals to always save up to take these trips. This is where some of the best memories are made.
It's been a great five years and I look forward to the next five (and many more after that!)



No comments:
Post a Comment