I love National Holidays.
I love that Stan gets the day off work and we get to have parties and gatherings with friends and family.
This 4th of July one of my best friends, Renee, invited us and another family for a lunch barbeque and a mini-pool party for the girls.
They had a blast!
What a genius idea, putting the slide in the pool. The girls played in it for hours.
I just love the faces this girl makes!
That evening we went to my family's Ward party. Eliza had fun eating her share from the potluck bar. She is loving table food and will hardly eat any pureed food anymore.
Miriam wandered around, spending a few moments with Grandparents and cousins.
Her chat with Grandma.
And then with Grandpa.
Even Eliza got her share of being passed around the family.
And Stan did his share of visiting too.
Then, the kids favorite part, the candy drop from the airplane:
Miriam enjoying her candy.
They attach streamers to the candy so you can find them in the grass. Here is Miriam (and Daddy's) spoils.
Notice the dead grass in the picture? This is the first year that I can ever remember it being so dry in our area they had a burn ban on the 4th of July. Sadly, we didn't get to see any fireworks. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon!
Brother Kelsey always entertains with some live music. Miriam was so enchanted when he started singing and playing. She requested "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and he invited her to come sing. I almost got teary it was so sweet to hear her sing!



No comments:
Post a Comment