Stan and I decided it would be a good time to take another vacation with just the two of us (meaning no kids).
We tossed around some ideas, mostly leaning towards a cruise.
When we found out my sisters who work at Disney World could get us a great discount on a Disney Cruise, we jumped at the opportunity.
We loved our last cruise (during the first year we were married) but had decided that the next one we took we would go with friends.
The timing was perfect for us to invite Stan's best friend from his childhood, Kevin Johnson (and his wife Heather).
The four of us met up in Florida for a kid-free week! It was great. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, but it was nice to have so much time to ourselves.
Our cruise was only 4 days, so we had a few extra days to spend at some of the parks in Orlando.
The first day we spent at Disney's Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
Mount Everest.
Stan and Kevin were the only ones brave (or crazy) enough to ride the wet ride.
My favorite animal by far was the bats. I've never seen bats so big!
Sara's favorite was this pretty duck.
It was awesome to go during the Holidays and see all the Christmas decorations.
The Tree at Animal Kingdom.
The tree at Hollywood Studios.
This was my (and I think everyone else's) favorite ride, the Tower of Terror.
I loved the new Star Tours ride!
The coolest thing that day were the "Dancing Lights". Every few minutes a new song would come over the loudspeaker and the lights would "dance" in sync with the music. There were TONS of lights!
I can't even begin to imagine how much work it is to put up all those lights!
My sister Anna and her boyfriend Michael. I loved his lights necklace.
Check out the video of the lights:
No comments:
Post a Comment