The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bentonville Running Festival

I did it, again.
The last few months I trained for another half-marathon.  I decided I should take advantage of the one hosted in my own hometown this time.

We ran into a friend at the packet pick-up and the girls made posters for their mommies.

It was a beautiful morning.  
Temperature in the 60s and overcast.  You can't ask for better weather for a run.

Bless his heart, Stan was trying to chase after Eliza while attempting to get a good shot of me running.  Here I was trying to get Miriam's attention because she was playing at the dog park.  She never did look up.

They did get another chance at the end, this time Miriam saw me.  She asked me afterwards, "why did you go running, Mommy?"
How do you explain to a 3-year old that you do something as crazy as run 13.1 miles, get blisters on your feet and crazy sore muscles so that you can feel a sense of accomplishment?  I just simplified and said "mommy wanted to."  
And I did,crazy as it is.

But so did 1468 other people.  I must not be that crazy.

My goal was to do better than my last half-marathon.
Unfortunately, due to eating some things before the race that caused me to not feel well the first 6 miles and to take a pit stop in the middle of the run, I didn't make that goal.  
My official time was 2:24:14.
1062 out of 1468 runners.
452 out of 739 females.

My time that I timed (minus the pit stop
) was 2:20:34.  Only a minute more than last year, so that wasn't so bad.
The run really did feel good and it was nice to run on familiar territory (even if it did have a monster hill at the end).





Once Eliza got a taste of my smoothie, she couldn't stop to share.
It was a great day, and I'm sure I'll do it again!







No comments:

Post a Comment