The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, April 27, 2013

4th Semi-Annual Hornberger Runs



Now that the Smiths have moved back, it was time to resurrect the Hornberger Runs.
We had (again) planned for a kids run, but it was a cool rainy Spring morning, so (again) the kids' run was cancelled.

But the adults pressed on!

The fearless runners:
Tony, Rebecca, Me and Jody

The brave bikers:
Jeremy, Cace, Stan, Jared, Meredith

We changed our location this year to the Lake Fayetteville Trail, approximately 5.6 miles for the runners.

The guys decided to be tough and ride the dirt trail (even though it was extremely muddy).  Meredith was the wise one who took the paved trail (go Meredith!) :-)

You can see the results of their ride:

 Nice legs Stan!

Meredith and Jared came in first for the bikers! 

It rained off and on the whole time, though luckily it was never too heavy.


The Smiths


The runners after:
And for the runners' results...

 I won!!!

I was extremely motivated to best my sister Jody.  Maybe it was my recent half-marathon that gave me a confidence boost, but I did it!  With a time of 53:05 (9:47 miles) I set a personal record for a long run.  Jody and I have run together since our child hood and though we keep a good pace together, she could always beat me in the end.  So this was a personal best for several reasons.
(who took this picture, come on, it's blurry!)

 Until next Fall, keep on training (or for some this is their semi-annual exercise program :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment