The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Garden Fun

Some guys golf or work on cars.

Stan likes to garden.

Thankfully, for me, it's a mutually beneficial hobby.

At our previous home, Stan had finally, after 5 years, gotten the garden where he wanted it.
Now that we moved into our new home,he had to start over.  But he wasn't going to wait 5 years this time to get it where he wanted.
He's been working hard planning and building 8 raised garden beds.

Unfortunately I never remember to snap a picture of him actually working on it.

Saturday we spent the morning shopping and pricing plants, trees and bushes.
That af

ternoon we planted everything.  (Note the beautiful dirt mixture.  It's SO soft!)

Raspberry and blackberry bushes.

I left to make a quick Wal-Mart run (for the third time that day, ugh).  I came back to Stan bathing the girls.  I was a little surprised that he had gone ahead and brought them inside before I got back.  I think he didn't want me to come home and see this:


Apparently they were helping him mix the dirt.

Thankfully he took a few pictures.  Is it any wonder these girls love spending time with their Daddy?


No comments:

Post a Comment