The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kansas City Temple

We have loved having another temple only a few hours away.  So on day two of our trip to Kansas City, the couples took turns going to the temple while the other watched the kids.

When it was our turn we went to the park.

Miriam had her first try on a merry-go-round (I don't see them at any parks where we live).  She only lasted a few turns and then wanted off.

But this kid loves swings.  I must say I'm pretty impressed at how high she gets while swinging on her tummy.

When it got too hot at the park, we went to Target and bummed around.  
Trying on hats.




One of Miriam's favorite songs is "I Love to See the Temple."  As crazy as it is sometimes to bring them with us, I'm glad they get the opportunity to see the temple and feel the spirit there.




Let me in!!



 
We ended the day with a stop at Costco (another place that we don't have at home).  


This is why parents spoil their children.  When they get so excited and cute about a big stuffed animal, all reason goes out the window (like where am I gonna put that GIANT toy??)  Luckily we had a little sense of mind and decided against it for now.  But this cute face might get her one by her birthday :-)


All of the playing this weekend was hard work.  Miriam couldn't even stay awake to finish coloring!



No comments:

Post a Comment