The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, May 24, 2013

Schlitterbahn

Have I mentioned that I love having my sister Jody back in Arkansas? 
(Maybe once or twice).

It's been really nice to do things together more often.
Like one week Jody and I went to the Taste of Home Cooking School.  

The school was just okay, but the company was great.

We were also able to plan a short overnight trip to Kansas City (about 4 hours away).

Miriam did great on the drive up.

Our first day there we went to the local waterpark, Schlitterbahn.
I have to admit that I was a little nervous.  Although it was sunny outside, the temperature was in the low 70s and it was really windy.  Being in the water felt really cold.  Now Jody and I's Canadian blood could hack it.  But the hubbies and kids were a little less--resilient :-)

Luckily there was a kiddie pool that was heated.  At the end of the day, Miriam said the "warm water" was her favorite part.





The girls loved hanging out with Uncle Cace and cousin Gemma all day.



We took turns throughout the day watching kids and riding rides.  

Jody and I enjoyed a nice float on the "Torrent River."



Jody experimenting with our new waterproof camera.  What a goofball.


We had so much fun, we decided to go back and get the hubbies and kids.



I can't say Miriam was loving it.  In fact, she was whimpering and whining almost the whole time.  




Eliza was okay, until she got tipped over.  I was videoing Miriam when a big wave came and tipped over Stan and Eliza's tube.  Watch the video to the end and you can see how much Eliza liked that.


I think Eliza was a little worn out after no nap and being tipped over in the river.  

But she pressed on and still enjoyed the day.

This kid is so chill.


What a couple of cute ladies!



Stan caught a shot of Jody and I going up the conveyor belt on a ride.  We had a blast doing all the slides.  Because the weather wasn't terribly warm, the park was pretty empty and we didn't wait for any rides.

And we ended the day with a sunburn and funnel cakes.  You can ask Stan why he thought he didn't need sunblock while spending ALL day at a waterpark!





No comments:

Post a Comment