The McBrides

The McBrides

Sunday, August 25, 2013

She's 4!

I'm sure that every time my kids have a birthday I'll be all reflective and sappy.  But I can't help but think how big Miriam is getting.  I love to see her learn, mature and develop her feisty personality even more.  She is the oldest.  The one that includes many of my "firsts" as a parent.  Hopefully she'll survive my learning curve.  I do love this sweet girl!

Sunday morning we had her open presents from us.  She loves cards that make music and move, so dancing Minnie seemed appropriate for this dancer-wannabe.

Too bad opening birthday presents isn't always as much fun for the non-birthday sibling.

A giant barbie doll house.  If she outgrow this one, then someone needs to tell her to stop playing with barbies.

"That is SO COOL!"

Good thing we're related to a fantastic cake-maker.  Thanks Auntie Rebecca for the fabulous barbie cake!

Such pure excitement and happiness on those faces.  No wonder we're told to "become as a little child."


I love that she is old enough to appreciate birthdays more, but still young enough to soak up all the excitement.  Phrase of the day from Miriam, "I don't want to be 4, I want to be 33."  
Love you Miriam!

No comments:

Post a Comment