There are pros and cons to be the oldest child.
Cons:
Mom and Dad are learning how to be parents so they make most of their mistakes on you
You will get the most amount of babysitting hours
You have to figure a lot out on your own because you don't have an older sibling to teach/corrupt you
Mom and Dad make a lot of mistakes on you
Pros:
Your life will be documented far more extensively than that of your siblings
You will have more "firsts" recorded than any of your siblings
You will have (mostly) new clothing (no hand-me-downs)
You will have the upper hand in a sibling fight for a long time - until the younger outgrows you.
And I'm sure there are more, but hey, we're still learning.
So Miriam will receive the majority of the "first" blog posts. Sorry, Dallin & Eliza.
Miriam had her first visit to the Dentist office. I had taken her with me a few times when I had gone for a cleaning to get her used to the idea. But she was always very scared when I mentioned it being her turn.
But when the day finally came, my 4 year old did fantastic!
A lot of my friends with young kids were taking theirs to a pediatric dentist with all kinds of gimmicks for the kids.
But I had faith in the hygienist, Courtney, who had always seemed like she would be so good with kids.
She did not disappoint.
It also helped that Miriam had some Disney Junior to distract her.
No comments:
Post a Comment