The McBrides

The McBrides

Monday, June 1, 2015

Home Addition

When we were house shopping three years ago, one of the things on my "I really want" list was to have a covered patio.  Our old house didn't have one and I was really hoping to finally have some shade in the yard.  Unfortunately it was one of the compromises we had to make when buying our current home.  

Finally we were able to do something about it.

Here is the back of the house before:

After:

Not only did we have to add the covering (I say we, but we hired it out), but we had to extend the patio, which meant more concrete.  You have to have a minimum order of so many cubic yards of concrete when getting a truck out, so we decided to finally put in a sidewalk from the driveway to the front door while we were at it.

Before: 

After:

It's always fun to watch the construction happen.  The girls always start worrying when the guys start tearing things up to build.  "Mom, they're breaking the house!!"
Here's work on the patio cover:

Here's work on the concrete: 




He poured on the only sunny day in May.  It rained pretty much the whole month, so the ground was really wet and soft.  It took a whole day after the fact for Stan and I to smooth out that mess.
 We are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment