The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, June 19, 2015

Karate

So in all the activities I considered getting the kids involved in, Karate was not at the top of the list--or even in the middle.  Not that I have anything against it, I'm just not familiar with it (unless watching "The Karate Kid" counts as being familiar).

However, an opportunity arose with the opening of a new martial arts studio to have the girls signed up for half price.  Our good friends, the MacCabes, encouraged us to come check it out.  Stan was sold before we even came (apparently he had more of a prior opinion about Karate than I did).  I quickly saw lots of benefits to the girls self-esteem and strength (among other things), so we decided to give it a try.

The girls have been taking for two months now and they really do enjoy it.  They go twice a week and never complain and always look forward to it, which speaks volumes.

Especially for Eliza.  She's three and at first was shy and hesitant.  She has really come out of her shell and is quite the little leader and buddy in class.


I think they really enjoy getting to yell in class.





 They both earned their third belt--white with a yellow stripe.

 They especially love taking the class with their best friends, Anna & Van.


 I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep it up, but for now they are loving it!



No comments:

Post a Comment