The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sick Vacation to Branson

Earlier in the year we had hoped to be able to go on a Disney Cruise in May.  I won't bore you with the details of why that didn't work out (I'm still hoping for maybe next year!!).  So we came up with a shorter, closer alternative--a two-night trip to Branson. 
It started off pretty good.  The kids had fun at the various water attractions at our hotel when we arrived Thursday afternoon.



Friday morning we headed over to Silver Dollar City.  We got sidetracked by a clogging show.  Miriam got to come up on stage during part of it (look for the short blondie in green and pink in the back left).


We finally made it over to the rides and had just gotten buckled in when they closed the rides because of thunder and lightening rolling in.

We proceeded to play indoors for another hour and then left after the downpour continued (and wasn't expected to stop for the rest of the day).  A short two hours at Silver Dollar City.  About lunch time Eliza started acting super tired and wouldn't eat anything.  It was down hill from there.  I took Miriam and Dallin mini-golfing with Gemma while Stan and Eliza napped at the hotel.

 At dinnertime, Eliza threw up and had a fever.  The next morning she still had a fever.  We had tickets to see a pet show later that morning, so Stan took Eliza and Dallin and drove the two hours home (Happy Birthday Stan).  Miriam and I stayed and watched the show and then hitched a ride home with Jody and Cace.  Between rain and sickeness and dealing with Dallin the Destroyer in the small hotel room, it was kind of a stinky family trip.  Good thing it was only two days.  
Eliza's fevers continued for 5 days.  Doc did a strep test, which came back negative, so he concluded it must be a virus.  Just when she was better and we were literally heading out the door to Karate--our first outing in several days--Miriam came down with a fever.  

Cancel the Anniversary weekend Stan and I had planned.

Miriam's fevers continued for another five days.  Thankfully Dallin only had it for two days and Stan and I didn't get it.  Ugh.

Eliza and I had an outing while Miriam was sick and went to see the movie "Inside Out."  Here she is playing in the fountain afterwards. 
Here's to a hopefully healthy rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment