The McBrides

The McBrides

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Having a child in school has definitely changed the whole family's life and routine.  We now have to wake up early every day (which has never been a problem for these kids) and have more of a fixed schedule.  There is also the barrage of daily notes, school work and many field trips and various school activities competing for our time and attention.  Mom's of older kids have advised, don't try to be super involved now with little ones still at home, there will be a time to join the PTO and be home-room Mom, but don't feel like you have to do it all now.  
I'm thankful for that advice, which has relieved any guilt about not being heavily involved in all the extra things.  BUT, I did feel like I should participate a little, so I went along with Miriam's pumpkin patch field trip.
It was fun to see her with her school friends.  She loved having me there (which I know won't always be the case).

The kids getting a short pumpkin lesson from the funny farmer.




The hayride through the "Spooky Woods."  I never realized how spooky it was until riding it with all Kindergartners.  Their screams were constant (and amusing, though loud).


One of Miriam's very good friend's, Sadie, is in her class.

Through the corn maze.  Notice Miriam's school shirt on the back "A person is a person, no matter how small" Dr. Suess.  Her teacher, Mrs. Crow, is in front of her.  She loves Mrs. Crow!

Racing the rolling pumpkins. 

Tug-o-war.





This sad face is because I told Miriam I was taking her home.  She REALLY wanted to ride the bus back to school!
She missed her school Halloween party the next day because of puking (one of her many sick days since starting school).  Luckily she was recovered enough for the family Halloween party at Jody's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment