And the most anticipated part of the holidays, Christmas morning.
I have to admit, I have a lot of fun on Christmas with my kids. I may get more excited than them (though I do not portray it in the same crazy manner). It is so much fun to watch their excitement. Miriam's wide eyes when she comes in our room exclaiming "there's a car in our living room!!"
Dallin may be a little sleepy-eyed, but he was super excited about the train table.
Miriam has to pose for her pictures. The Lego sets she asked for from Santa.
Eliza loved her new kid sister doll. I made the mistake of telling the girls, "see look, your doll is a birthday doll and yours is a ballet doll." That stuck with them, and even though I have tried to persuade them otherwise, they have named their dolls, "Birthday" and "Ballet." I worry for their future children and what their names might be...
The much anticipated and hoped-for Kindle. Miriam's teacher at school allows them to bring their own device to school for certain activities. She hasn't stopped asking for one since.
Yay! I managed to surprise Stan. Janet, Rebecca, Anne, Jody and I surprised our hubbies with an all-day fishing trip on Beaver Lake with a professional crew.
Stan's other exciting new toy was his flying toy thing.
The weather was warm and beautiful and the kids took their new ride for a spin. Eliza did take a turn driving, and unfortunately Stan and I turned away for a moment and she ran into the hollow-aluminum post on our new patio. Oops. Now there is a lovely dent to remind us of this memorable day.
I got a robotic vacuum (which I LOVE) and a new lens for my camera. The rest of these shots are with the new lens. Pretty sharp.
Stan and Braden went outside to race their remote control vehicles. Stan's flying thing against Braden's car, not really a fair fight.
A fun-filled day with the family.
And here's what a real attempt looks like to take a picture of all three of my kids at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment