My sister Jody and her husband Cace came over for dinner and games a few nights ago. Suddenly Cace realized he was going to be late for a work meeting and wouldn't have time to take Jody home and come back into town. Stan decided to do a good deed and offered to take Jody home so she wouldn't have to come back late and pick Cace up. No good deed goes unpunished. On his way back, he had a run in with the local Pea Ridge deer. Hmmm...what's the lesson to be learned??
As a side note, this car has been through a lot. Three years ago it was in a much worse accident when on an icy morning, a white truck in the oncoming lane turned left in front of me. He didn't hardly get a scratch. You can see what I got though...
Another time, a friend was driving and he ran the mirror into one of those cement posts that keep you from running into things like the side of a building, a keypad entry for a gated community, etc.
And at last, one time I ran off an exit ramp over a curb and had to get a new rim on my driver's side front. I don't have a picture of that one, but every time I pass that exit on the freeway now, I feel really silly. In my defense, it was a cloverleaf exit, which I didn't realize in time. By the time I slammed on my brakes to slow, they locked, and off-roading we went!
Not only has it had a few dents and dings, but it's had the transmission and fuel pump replaced. My '03 Saturn is just barely approaching 100,000 miles and has had a rough life thus far.
No comments:
Post a Comment