The McBrides

The McBrides

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

Saturday was a busy day. We left Friday night for Oklahoma City. Miriam slept most of the 3 1/2 hour drive. We stayed over night and the next morning Stan and I took turns doing some temple work while the other watched Miriam. Around noon a friend watched Miriam so Stan and I could go to the sealing of our good friends Mark and Renee. It was wonderful to be at the temple again.

After a quick lunch at one of Stan's favorite fast food places, Panda Express, we headed back. Again, Miriam slept most of the way while Stan and I listened to Harry Potter. We went to Dad and Janet's for the Hornberger Halloween party.

Thanks to Jody for organizing the fun. She had games for us to play as well as prizes for the costume contest. Most everyone dressed up. The winners were Janet (a hobo) and Hannah (a pirate). Somehow I got 3rd with 2 votes.


I had purchased our costumes last spring at the associate store for $1.50 a piece, which is why they're kind of random. Stan was a ghostbuster, I was a witch and Miriam was Tinkerbell.

Everyone brought fun foods and we ended the evening with a few rounds of the mystery game, Mafia. Several of the kids even joined in on the game and played key roles. It was a fun Halloween. Miriam's first, and she slept through all the fun (surprise) :-)
Her eyes are red because she had a fit right before this picture. Right after this, she had a nap. Oh, and the hands belong to her loving Aunt Rebecca who didn't want to be in the picture. Hard to believe, I know...

1 comment:

  1. She looks like a flying tinkerbell! :) Glad you had a fun halloween!

    ReplyDelete