I LOVE Christmas! It truly is my favorite time of year. Here is Miriam in her Christmas dress. The white fur coat & hat compliments of my sister Rebecca.
We had originally intended to spend Christmas Eve at the Smith's (my sister-in-law Meredith's parent's home), drive home that night, spend a cozy Christmas morning at our house and open gifts, then drive back to Springdale to my dad's house later Christmas Day. However, as a winter storm moved in Christmas Eve evening, we decided it would be smarter to pack up and stay the night at my Dad's house (he only lives a few minutes away from the Smith's). We had to hurry and take a few pictures in front of our own tree before we left.

It's amazing to me how much stuff you pack along with a baby. We already had a lot of stuff with all our gifts and things...we filled the jeep. After our late arrival to the Smith's, we had a wonderful evening with fondue and games. I won't go into too much detail because Meredith already did a great post about the evening. If you want to read more, just click here.
Here is Brother Smith with Miriam. She enjoyed all the attention.
Some fun and games.
Later Stacey and Ephraim came with their daughter Cora. Cora and Miriam are 2 days apart in age. Stacey is supermom, holding both of them at the same time. Both babies are in the highest percentiles for their weight. She's a tough mom.
When we left the Smiths and made the mile drive to Dad's house, I was glad we weren't attempting to go back home. The roads were slick and visibility was low. We arrived just in time for Dad to read the Christmas Story and then go off too bed. I think I still have a little bit of kid in me, I could hardly sleep at all.
The next morning we anxiously awaited the gift opening. Jody and Cace had also spent the night and joined the Christmas morning festivities.
One thing I love about Stan is the cheesy expressions he makes.
It was a great morning, I always love to see what everyone gets, and of course open my own gifts. I have to brag a little about a gift that I gave though. About 10 years ago I started a crosstitch with the intention of gifting it to my best friend, my sister Jody, for her wedding. She wasn't getting married any time soon, but I knew it would take me awhile. Well...it took me a lot longer than I planned because I didn't work on it consistently. She got married 4 years ago, and I think she didn't really expect me to finish it. However, this past summer when school was out and I was awaiting Miriam's arrival in the world, I spent hours every day working to finish it. And, here is the finished project:
Here is how Miriam spent Christmas morning. I brought her out where all the action was happening, we even had music playing, but she was still dreaming about sugar plums.
Maybe next year she'll be a little more excited to open her gifts. She gets her cheesy expressions from her dad.
We had a very nice Christmas dinner later that day and many other family members joined us. I slaved away (not really) over my brown sugar bacon green beans.
But best of all...it was a WHITE Christmas. For us down here in Arkansas, that only happens about once every 15 years. I LOVE snow!
Well, another Christmas has come and gone. Each year will be so different as Miriam grows and our family continues to change.
Happy Holidays!
Here is Brother Smith with Miriam. She enjoyed all the attention.
The next morning we anxiously awaited the gift opening. Jody and Cace had also spent the night and joined the Christmas morning festivities.
Happy Holidays!
Awww ... I'm glad you had a great Christmas, Jenny. Great job on the cross-stitch! Miriam is getting so big and is adorable. AND you are looking amazing!! Happy New Year!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! And thank you for the Christmas card and gift card for Miriam. Hope you had happy holiday. Love you too!
ReplyDelete