So my Dad likes to brag that I am a do-er. I get things done. When I have an assignment, you can count on me to get it done, he says.
I admit, when I get excited about a project or finally decide to do something, I suddenly lose all patience and have to get it done NOW.
I think this past Friday Stan was disliking this quality of mine.
I have had an itch to paint some rooms in our house for awhile now, my biggest dilemma was deciding on colors. I finally got some inspiration from my sister Rebecca's kitchen and decided on...
Golden Slumber
So I went to Lowes Friday morning, only intending to choose colors and purchase paint for the kitchen. When Stan came home for lunch, I showed him the colors and we decided that for now I should only paint the actual kitchen area (and not the dining area) yellow.
I started thinking...Miriam is about to take a nap, the actual wall space in the kitchen is so small, Jody could come over at 3:00 to help, I could paint the kitchen this afternoon!
Luckily Miriam did nap (for 4 hours!) and Jody did come over. But I didn't take into consideration how tedious it is to get around all the cabinets, that it would take 3 coats of paint and that my large roller brush was worthless (it left piece of fuzz from the roller on the wall--I quickly disposed of that).
So Stan came home from work on a Friday, looking forward to the weekend only to find a disaster area in the kitchen with only one coat of paint.
I finished by 9:30 p.m.
Here's the before color: Dromedary Camel
And here is Golden Sumber
Isn't it nice? Good thing Stan loves me!
I admit, when I get excited about a project or finally decide to do something, I suddenly lose all patience and have to get it done NOW.
I think this past Friday Stan was disliking this quality of mine.
I have had an itch to paint some rooms in our house for awhile now, my biggest dilemma was deciding on colors. I finally got some inspiration from my sister Rebecca's kitchen and decided on...
Golden Slumber
So I went to Lowes Friday morning, only intending to choose colors and purchase paint for the kitchen. When Stan came home for lunch, I showed him the colors and we decided that for now I should only paint the actual kitchen area (and not the dining area) yellow.
I started thinking...Miriam is about to take a nap, the actual wall space in the kitchen is so small, Jody could come over at 3:00 to help, I could paint the kitchen this afternoon!
Luckily Miriam did nap (for 4 hours!) and Jody did come over. But I didn't take into consideration how tedious it is to get around all the cabinets, that it would take 3 coats of paint and that my large roller brush was worthless (it left piece of fuzz from the roller on the wall--I quickly disposed of that).
So Stan came home from work on a Friday, looking forward to the weekend only to find a disaster area in the kitchen with only one coat of paint.
I finished by 9:30 p.m.
Here's the before color: Dromedary Camel
Lovely, Jenny. I really like it!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great - such a cheerful color! I'm currently in the process of trying to convince Freeman that we need to paint our kitchen too!! I may have him convinced to do it this weekend - keeping my fingers crossed!!
ReplyDeleteYellow is a cheerful color. I love it
ReplyDelete