The McBrides

The McBrides

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

It's officially winter in Arkansas. This is the third snow we've had since Christmas Eve. Last weekend this nice storm moved in and dumped at least 4" on us. These pictures are about halfway through the storm.
When I was a kid on the farm in Missouri, we would have been out in the fields sledding down our enormous hills with a snow like this. Sadly, I live in suburbia now, and as we were out driving around a few days after, the one great hill in the city was PACKED with sledders. No thanks.
The strangest thing is that the snow has now been on the ground for a week now. It dusted some snow last night, and there is a possibility of more tonight and tomorrow. Those of you that don't live around here should know that this is abnormal for this neck of the woods (thanks Al Roker). We might normally get 1-2 good snows a winter. I think it's officially time for NWA to invest in some more snow plows. Especially since there's supposed to be 6 more weeks of winter. And it might finally be time for Stan and I to get a snow shovel. If only the weren't always sold out every time I remember!
I know, I know...we haven't taken down the Christmas lights yet. I blame it on the bad weather every weekend (and procrastination on the only nice Saturday in January).

Saturday, when the sun was shining, I took Miriam out for some snow time. It lasted all of about 3 minutes. She didn't care much for it (I think because the sun was way bright). But, at least we got some good pictures (which I doctored up on Picassa--thanks for the tip Meredith).
6 More weeks of winter?! Come on Spring, I'm ready to get my jogging stroller and get out running again with Miriam. Stupid Groundhog.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! Little Miriam looks so adorable in her snow outfit! We took Spencer out, but I don't think he liked the snow very much...
    Don't feel bad about your Christmas light either. It took us FOREVER to take ours down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of Miriam. Adorable! Isn't Picassa fun?! :)
    I also LOVE the tree! Beautiful!

    - I'm glad we're supposed to get 6 more weeks of Winter!!

    ReplyDelete