The McBrides

The McBrides

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And the winner is...

Saturday morning was the coolest and most wet day we've had here in weeks. But that didn't deter the committed athletes in the Hornberger family.

With Stan and Jeremy deciding to run this time, that left the bike competition a little slim but no less fierce. Jared vs. Cace

After an approximate 14 mile ride, Cace pulled in first with a time of 52:30. Jared wasn't far behind with 54:00.

Must be his new road bike and spiffy riding outfit :-)

With Stan and Jeremy in the running group, the competition was shaken up this time. Here are some shots of the competition:

And in 1st place...

Dad, Janet & Miriam--with a time of 35:26!
(Maybe I should mention they drove around taking pictures and looking for fallen runners and bicycle wrecks).

BUT-for the 6 mile run the winner is...

Jeremy--with a time of 55:45!

Jody came in second with a personal best of 57:37!

And for the biggest improvement of the day...

Jenny! Third place with a very personal best and most improved time of 9 minutes
58:28!!!

(Just to explain a little, I am not, nor ever have been, nor ever will be, a serious runner. I was always at the end when running cross country, and have never been able to keep up with Jody during a race. She has always been the fast one. But by some miracle--and maybe a little bit of training--I kept up with Jody the whole way until the last half mile. That, for me, was huge! I don't know if I'll be able to repeat that again.)

And for the most stylish finish of the day...
Sara with a smile and a pose at a hard finish!

Unfortunately the medals were back ordered, so there wasn't a "medals ceremony," but here's the group afterward.
Maybe next time we'll finally be able to get the nieces and nephews for the kids bike ride.

And those are the results of the 4th semi-annual Hornberger Runs.

November will be here before you know it, so start training!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm seriously impressed w/ your time! I could never run 6 miles! Never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you already told me the story, but it is so much better with pictures!! :) That is amazing--I'm with Charity. I could NEVER run 6 miles. More power to ya! :) And Miriam definitely wins the prize for cutest competitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the running bit. So impressed with the Semi-Annual Hornberger Runs. It's a great tradition and looks like so much fun and hard work.

    ReplyDelete