When we bought our home, it was brand new. We assumed everything was built so that everything fit.
We were wrong.
We were so excited when the delivery guys brought by our new washer, dryer & fridge--only to find that they didn't fit.
To make a long and agonizing story short, they switched the trim & opening of the doors in the laundry room and removed the baseboard and jammed in the fridge and everything worked. And no, we didn't buy over sized appliances.
Anyway, we thought we had learned our lesson. Always measure just to make sure.
Stan and I decided to buy a new TV stand (the TV kind of dwarfed the other stand). I looked and looked and looked and finally found one that met our requirements of being high enough to be out of the reach of little fingers, have glass doors to cover the components from little fingers and be wide enough--but not too wide--to fit our big TV, but small space.
Once again we were so excited as we unpacked it from the box and (luckily) assembled only a few pieces.
We took out the components & cords and other junk that were in the old TV stand and moved the new one into place.
Finally, we went to put the first component in (the surround sound receiver) and, voila!
It didn't fit. Not even close.
We hadn't even thought to measure the depth.
Once again, we assumed it being a media console, the media would fit.
Come to find out the only things that did fit were the blu-ray player & the game consoles.
Bummer.
I was so sad.
But here's a picture of the stand anyway.

Luckily we got all of our money back (thank you Furniture Row-Oak Express).
And now after some more searching, I found something online that should work.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
(And yes, we made sure everything will fit!)
We were so excited when the delivery guys brought by our new washer, dryer & fridge--only to find that they didn't fit.
To make a long and agonizing story short, they switched the trim & opening of the doors in the laundry room and removed the baseboard and jammed in the fridge and everything worked. And no, we didn't buy over sized appliances.
Anyway, we thought we had learned our lesson. Always measure just to make sure.
Stan and I decided to buy a new TV stand (the TV kind of dwarfed the other stand). I looked and looked and looked and finally found one that met our requirements of being high enough to be out of the reach of little fingers, have glass doors to cover the components from little fingers and be wide enough--but not too wide--to fit our big TV, but small space.
Once again we were so excited as we unpacked it from the box and (luckily) assembled only a few pieces.
We took out the components & cords and other junk that were in the old TV stand and moved the new one into place.
Finally, we went to put the first component in (the surround sound receiver) and, voila!
It didn't fit. Not even close.
We hadn't even thought to measure the depth.
Once again, we assumed it being a media console, the media would fit.
Come to find out the only things that did fit were the blu-ray player & the game consoles.
Bummer.
I was so sad.
But here's a picture of the stand anyway.
Luckily we got all of our money back (thank you Furniture Row-Oak Express).
And now after some more searching, I found something online that should work.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
(And yes, we made sure everything will fit!)
No comments:
Post a Comment