The McBrides

The McBrides

Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Miriam!

Miriam turned 1 last week.
I think it was definitely a shock to my reality when I got my weekly email from babycenter.com and it said "your toddler, week 1."
My little girl is not a baby any more? She's a toddler?
Well, she is toddling all over the place now.
We held a little party for Miriam's 1st birthday. We invited over a few family members and a few friends.
We have a nice little hill in our back yard that is pretty much only good for a slip'n'slide. So we did that first.

Afterwards she opened a few presents from her family and friends.


We saved the best for last of course.
The cake (made by moi).

She was pretty excited about it.

Until I put it in front of her and then she wasn't so sure.


But after she got a little taste, then she started slowly digging in.





She had a great time an enjoyed a nice bath afterward with her new bath toys.

Stan and I are so grateful for this precious girl that has entered our lives. Oh yes, parenthood has it's challenges and sacrifices for sure. But she brings so much joy and happiness to our lives, we wouldn't trade being her parents for anything.
We're looking forward to another wonderful fun-filled year together!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...happy birthday, Miss Miriam. The time does fly by. She is so cute! And go, Jenny, on the cake!! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete