It's been a week and a half since Eliza entered our family.
Having two girls is a lot of fun, but a lot of work.
So far Stan has been able to stay home from work and help out with Miriam, so it hasn't been too hard.
I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the both of them when he returns full-time tomorrow. I suppose we'll figure it out, day by day.
I can't help but try and compare Eliza and Miriam as babies. Physically, their features are quite similar.
See if you can tell them apart:
Eliza is the top, Miriam is the bottom.
Although they may look alike, their dispositions couldn't be more different. Now granted, Eliza isn't even 2 weeks old yet, so I hope I'm not jinxing myself. But Eliza seems to be very mellow. She sleeps a LOT and has even had a few nights where she has only woken once to eat. Miriam, on the other hand, was very high maintenance and kept me awake at night for the first 6 months. I realize things may still change with Eliza, but for now, I'm grateful the Lord has seen fit to give me a "break."
Miriam loves Eliza and doesn't seem to be all that jealous (yet).
She continues to find new ways each day to test and try her loving parents. Through it all though she still finds ways to be stinkin' cute.
It's so true when people say once the second one comes, the first child looks so much bigger. I can't believe what a big girl Miriam is now.
Here's Eliza doing what she loves best:
Poor girl had to have blood drawn at the doctor's office. They couldn't get either vein, so they finally just used her foot. Check out her warrior arm bands.
Another proof her mellow disposition: she didn't even cry during her first bath.
Having two is definitely more work, but more fun. Maybe the bigger stroller will keep me from venturing out to go shopping as much.
I've been blessed with a wonderful family and an especially wonderful and supportive husband.
What a couple of cuties!
THEY. ARE. TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI was guessing it was Miriam on the bottom, and was right, but my oh my they look the same! Even the same hair color!!!
Holy cow, you have some adorable little girls. April & I couldn't believe they were 2 different babies! Have fun with 2, give yourself a couple months and you'll be a pro:)
ReplyDelete