The McBrides

The McBrides

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Master Makeover

One of the things I have loved about being in our new house is the opportunity to make it our own.  It was like a blank slate, the walls were all a neutral color with nothing particularly customized. 

 I love to paint and got started right away with the half bath (no pictures).

Then I moved onto to master bathroom. We actually finished this project back in the Fall.
First we painted the walls a spa-like blue (inspired by our condo in Destin).
Then I refinished the cabinets, from a light antique stain to espresso.
I forgot to take before pics, but here's the after.


I really want to frame the mirrors, but I can't figure out how to work around that silly outlet on the mirror!


I also sewed a curtain for a little more privacy on the glass block window.

Next came the master bedroom.  This time I remembered to take "before" pictures.








Some new bedding, curtains and paint made for a dramatic change.




Many more projects yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment