The McBrides

The McBrides

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Florida Vacation--Epcot

Last week Stan and my sister ,Jody, and her husband, Cace, took a vacation to Orlando Florida. We've wanted to go to Disney World for awhile and it seemed like the perfect time to go since my younger sisters Anna & Sara are currently employed there for an internship.

We debated whether or not to take Miriam. Okay, truthfully, there wasn't much debate. She's 14 months old, still needs a long nap, wouldn't like being in her stroller all day AND, she wouldn't even remember the trip when older.

Thankfully I have such WONDERFUL family close by who were willing to take care of her the while were gone (Thanks again Jared, Anne & Rebecca!).

So Halloween day we hopped on an Allegiant Air direct flight to Orlando/Sanford. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE a direct flight? It's the only way to fly.

We stayed in a 4-bedroom vacation home, so Anna and Sara were able to come stay with us for the week. I didn't take any pictures of the home, but it was more than spacious enough for us (at least our bedroom was, I don't know that Jody & Cace would agree about theirs). And it had a pool--screened in from any bugs--apparently the only way to have a pool in Florida.

Monday morning we headed to Epcot at Walt Disney World. I won't bore you with all the things we saw and did, but just explain some of the pictures.

Indoor dolphin show. It was fun to see the dolphins do their tricks and things up close.
For those who haven't been, Epcot is the theme park where a large portion is dedicated to representing various countries all over the world. At the Coca-Cola shop you could try samples of 8 or so different sodas from various countries around the world. After trying them all, I think I'll stick with some good old American Root Beer.

We ate lunch at Teppan Edo in Japan, a Hibachi style grill.



Cace having a moment with the camel in Morocco.

Also in Morocco...

One of the many Disney Character shrubs.


And the signature symbol of Epcot, the ball that houses the ride "Spaceship Earth."

We ended the day with a quick trip to Downtown Disney to pick up some show tickets for later that week. Downtown Disney is free of entrance fees and is like a big outdoor shopping mall with restaurants and various performing venues.

This lake monster was built of Legos.



At Downtown Disney, we got ice cream and what would soon become our favorite eatery--Ghiradelli Soda Fountain. The ice cream was AMAZING! We ate there three times that week.

Next up...Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment