The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, November 12, 2010

Florida Vacation--Islands of Adventure

Wednesday was our most anticipated day of the whole vacation. This was the day we got to go to Universal Studio's "Islands of Adventure." Why was this so anticipated you might ask? Well not only does it have the most exciting rides, but it is also the home of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter." Oh yes, we're all HUGE Harry Potter fans!

Entrance into Hogsmeade.

Honeydukes Sweets Shop.
Stan & I's take home from Honeydukes. Yes, those are chocolate frogs, and no, I haven't tried mine yet. The pink bag is Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans.
Clothing shop with Hermione's dress from the 4th book in the window.
It was so crowded in Hogsmeade (this section of the park has only been open since April 2010). You had to wait in line to get into some of the shops.


Remember the monster textbook, I think from book 3 or 4? Notice that it's in a cage. Funny.


Hogwarts Express.

Definitely a highlight of the day...Butterbeer. It was delicious! If they had sold it in bottles, I probably would have taken some home.
It tastes like Cream Soda, but better!
Having more Butterbeer at the Hogs Head.

It was so much fun, walking around Hogsmeade, having your favorite characters and places come to life. In Zonko's Joke Shop, they had all of the gadgets they speak of in the books: remeberalls, sneakascopes, pigmy puffs, extendable ears, etc. I found myself wishing that they really were magical and that the books were real. And then we rode "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" inside Hogwarts Castle.
After being scared out of my wits by spiders, dragons and dementors, I was okay that it was all fiction. It was by far one of the coolest rides.
They really did an amazing job with Hogwarts Castle.

As much as we might have enjoyed it, we didn't spend the whole day in this section (it was WAY too crowded). We also visited Toon Lagoon, Marvel Comics, Suess Landing & The Lost Continent.

Toon Lagoon:

Zoom in and read the comic speaking bubbles.

This one was especially for Janet. :-)


Suess Landing:

We happened to be in Dr. Suess' book store when The Cat in the Hat strolled in.

The Lost Continent: (Do we look lost?)
And the last ride of the day, "Dudley Do-Right's Rip-Saw Falls." Notice the storm that rolled in and dumped on us right as we were getting off this ride. At least this storm was at the end of the day.

This was by far our favorite park of the week, although we'll all tell you that Disney still has more (and better) "Magic."

Tomorrow, Hollywood Studios!

2 comments:

  1. I was jealous yesterday when I read some of your Disney posts, but now I am GREEN with envy! Jon and I LOVE Harry Potter and have been wanting to take a trip out there. Looks like it's just as good as we imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty awesome, but with it being so packed in the off-season, I definitely would NOT go during peak season. Tickets to Orlando are pretty cheap on Allegiant Air! :-)

    ReplyDelete