Thanksgiving is a day of traditions.
That morning Stan was off early in the cold rain/ice to play Turkey Bowl.
I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade while making pies, sweet potatoes & stuffing.
We gathered at my sister Jody's house with some of my family and Jody's in-laws for a wonderful meal.


We later decorated gingerbread houses while the boys watched football and napped.


That night at midnight I went to Wal-Mart for some Black Friday deals (I'm not so sure that that will become a tradition).
It was an enjoyable day, spent with family, enjoying good food and good company.
Since we didn't take the time to express our thankfulness out loud that day, here's my thanks:
I am thankful for family.
I am thankful for the Gospel.
I am thankful for good friends.
I am thankful for so many comforts in life that I enjoy.
I am thankful for a beautiful daughter, who teaches me every day.
I am thankful for a loving, patient husband, who is always there for me.
7 years ago last week, my mother passed away from liver cancer. I am so thankful for her and all that she taught me and all the things she did for me.
As a mother myself now, I can clearly see how ungrateful I was as a child. All of the things you expect your parents to do for you, because they're your parents. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to figure it out. Better late than never, right? Thanks mom, for everything. I miss you every day, especially when I want to know how you made your wonderful meals! :-)
And thanks to my Dad and Stan's parents for all you did in preparing Stan and I to become what we are today. We are so richly blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!
That morning Stan was off early in the cold rain/ice to play Turkey Bowl.
I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade while making pies, sweet potatoes & stuffing.
We gathered at my sister Jody's house with some of my family and Jody's in-laws for a wonderful meal.
We later decorated gingerbread houses while the boys watched football and napped.
That night at midnight I went to Wal-Mart for some Black Friday deals (I'm not so sure that that will become a tradition).
It was an enjoyable day, spent with family, enjoying good food and good company.
Since we didn't take the time to express our thankfulness out loud that day, here's my thanks:
I am thankful for family.
I am thankful for the Gospel.
I am thankful for good friends.
I am thankful for so many comforts in life that I enjoy.
I am thankful for a beautiful daughter, who teaches me every day.
I am thankful for a loving, patient husband, who is always there for me.
7 years ago last week, my mother passed away from liver cancer. I am so thankful for her and all that she taught me and all the things she did for me.
And thanks to my Dad and Stan's parents for all you did in preparing Stan and I to become what we are today. We are so richly blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh Jenny your mother is beautiful. I see such light radiating from her eyes - just like yours. Thank you so very much for sharing this picture with me - it means a lot. My children lost their daddy when they were still little ones and I know the pain and how much you miss her. Your mother did well by you - I'm sure she watches over you from Heaven with a smile on her face and that same light radiating from her face. I knew you were special when I first met you. You prove it over and over again. I love you dearly.
ReplyDelete