The McBrides

The McBrides

Friday, August 17, 2012

More Beach Time

Of course the main reasons you come to the Emerald Coast is for the beach.  We went every day, sometimes twice a day if it wasn't raining.

We tried different methods of taking Miriam out in the water.
Arm floaties, carrying her, life jacket, inner tube...

Unfortunately we didn't figure out the best solution until the last day when we bought her her own floatie that she could just sit in and float around.  She LOVED that the most and I'm sure would have stayed out for hours if we'd let her.





Jody wore Gemma out pretty good taking her out in the water.



Miriam was much more comfortable with the water by the end of the week, but thankfully still too scared to go out by herself.




Anna and Sara did help out a lot, but they also got to enjoy their share of "alone" time (with no kids).





You'd think Miriam would be a little more helpful building sandcastles, but she really just wanted to break down everything someone else built.  I guess that's easier and probably more fun.


Every day Eliza still had to taste the sand, just to make sure it was still yucky.






It was so fun to have Jody there with her daughter.  Jody and I have been best friends growing up and as she and Cace tried for years to have children, it broke my heart when they were unable to.  Now, 7 years later, they have been blessed with this sweet angel and Jody and I can enjoy the ups and downs of motherhood together. 




I can see why so many people come to the Emerald Coast, and why many make it an annual trip.  It truly is a beautiful place.  I'm already planning my next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment