For Family Night we decided to go out and drive down to Fayetteville (30 minutes away) and do some shopping, have dinner and see the Christmas lights on the square.
Unfortunately at our first stop Miriam pulled a classic toddler move.
Run away from parent.
Parent grabs arm of child.
Child drops their weight to the floor.
This time however, there was a consequence.
Her arm was pulled out of its socket. This is common in children ages 1-3 and it's called Nursemaid Elbow.
Of course I didn't know that. I did remember, however, doing something similar to my younger sister Anna when she was 2. Since I was 10 at the time, I didn't remember much, just that it got better. I figured the same would happen with Miriam and we continued on with our evening.
Unfortunately the mood was not fun after that with Miriam favoring her arm and crying every time it even slightly moved.
We ate at Steak and Shake so I could get my Holiday favorite white chocolate milkshake.
You can see Miriam favoring her left arm. Stan was trying to cheer her up with coloring.
We did a quick walk around the square and Miriam was temporarily distracted by all the pretty lights.
On the way home we talked to my sister-in-law, Anne, who is a Nurse and asked her about the arm. She told us that it happened to her daughter all the time when she was that age and told Stan how to "pop" the arm back in place. She even referred us to a YouTube video that demonstrated how to do it.
It worked--thank you Anne!
Miriam was perfectly normal again.
Maybe we'll stay in for next Family Night.
Maybe we'll stay in for next Family Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment